Anne and I just decorated our graduation caps and I’m so pleased with mine.
Happy Graduation! ;-;
We want everyone to have a fun but also safe weekend. We’ll have these posted around the convention center. Remember if you see something, say something. Anime Boston staff, MCCA staff, and Boston PD are there to help you!
Good job, Anime Boston!
Game of Thrones PRINCESSES! Coming soon to a retailer near you.
The link to the Deviantart version is riiiight here.
Fandom Post: Japanese 'Little Witch Academia' Blu-ray Getting English Subtitles -
Japanese ‘Little Witch Academia’ Blu-ray Getting English Subtitles
Good news for fans of Little Witch Academia from Studio Trigger. The OVA film has gotten a lot of attention in Japan but also abroad with its recent pickup by Crunchyroll and now Studio Trigger is talking about home video plans…
Teen’s invention could charge your phone in 20 seconds
Waiting hours for a cellphone to charge may become a thing of the past, thanks to an 18-year-old high-school student’s invention. She won a $50,000 prize Friday at an international science fair for creating an energy storage device that can be fully juiced in 20 to 30 seconds.
Read the complete story.
Everybody, remember this face.
Remember this name.
If this becomes a commonly used & highly lauded discovery, at some point a White guy is going to take credit, even if he has to word it like “Improved upon a previous…”
No no no
Fuck that guy.
Remember this brown girl.
1. Don’t make things you don’t care about.
2. Don’t think you always have to top yourself; make exactly what you want.
3. Rules are useless. Techniques for specific purposes are useful.
4. To smooth transitions: Cut like to like. (Someone walks across the camera: cut on the most amount of black to another almost completely black frame.
5. For smooth motion: Match subjects’ velocity.
6. To follow circling melodies: Oppose camera movements.
7. To support building chords: Match and increase light sources (candle to sun in same place, frex).
8. To hard cut similar scenes: Flop scenes with abandon if it keeps your people on the same side.
9. To stay interested: Don’t get bogged down in clipping or encoding or distributing or anything that isn’t vidding. It’s too boring to be care about.
10. To stay interesting: Don’t just watch vids. Watch TV, films, adverts, motion reels. —
Ten Things I Know - From Livejournal user Lim’s ten things I know about fan videos (via transformativeworks)
This is really good advice. One thing I really had to do to start making vids/AMVs again was to get out of the AMV mindset of “video quality is king.” Yeah, it’s important to have a nice-looking final product if you can, and if you have the means to get BD rips then great for you. But being so concerned with that sort of thing (and running into so many roadblocks because my computer system was not spec’d the same way as those in the tutorials I was finding) just made me want to throw up my hands and say “screw it.”
Really it’s better just to get your emotions on the timeline and try to edit the best piece of work you’re able to do.
(Source: webcitation.org, via lunate8)
And overwhelmingly, what institutions want women to be is virginal. Pure, innocent. Sure they may demand that we perform sexuality—but a la Brittney Spears, what is expected from women is a sexy virginity. Be pure… for as long as I want you to. —
Jessica Valenti, Yes Means Yes
This points directly at moe culture’s implicit requirement of chastity. We saw it when Minami Minegishi shaved her head and we see it every time we watch a show like K-On! or Yuyushiki and there’s not a boy in sight.
These gazey shows offer up coy, adorable girls for us to coo over, but go to great lengths to maintain them as pseudo-sexual creatures. Sure, they discuss sex and act sexy on occasion, but they’re never shown pursuing men (or women!) in earnest, since that would ruin the illusion of their availability.(via aboutwaifuz)